Dental implants are an excellent option and a long-term solution for replacing single tooth or multiple missing teeth. Dental implants restore smile, function and oral health. They look, feel, and function like natural teeth.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are biocompatible materials such as titanium alloy or ceramic prosthetic device that are surgically placed into the jawbone to act as artificial tooth roots. They are topped with an abutment and a custom-made dental crown, bridge, or denture, depending on the number of missing teeth, the location in the mouth and prosthetic treatment plan.
Benefits of Dental Implants:
- Improved Appearance: Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth, which can improve your smile and boost your self-confidence.
- Improved Speech: Missing teeth can affect your speech and pronunciation. Dental implants can restore your ability to speak clearly and confidently.
- Improved Oral Health: Dental implants help maintain the natural shape and structure of the jawbone and prevent bone loss that can occur with missing teeth.
- Improved Comfort: Dental implants are securely anchored in the jawbone, eliminating discomfort, and shifting that can occur with traditional dentures.
- Improved Function: Dental implants function like natural teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods and enjoy all your normal activities.
Are Dental Implants Right for You?
Dental implants are an excellent option for most people who are missing one or more teeth. However, they do require a certain amount of healthy bone and gum tissue for successful placement. If you have advanced gum disease, bone loss, or other oral health issues, you may need additional treatment before dental implants can be placed.
The Dental Implant Procedure:
The dental implant procedure involves several stages, including consultation, imaging and intraoral scanning, treatment planning, implant placement, healing and osseointegration, and placement of the dental crown, bridge, or denture. The entire process can take several months, but the result is long-lasting.
During this process we closely monitor the progress and healing and communicate with restorative dentist which is very crucial to achieve the best outcome.
In some cases, Implant can be placed and temporary restored immediately after tooth extraction. If you’re interested in dental implants, schedule a consultation with our experienced team to determine if you’re a good candidate for the procedure. With proper care and maintenance, dental implants can provide a long-term solution for missing teeth and improve your oral health and quality of life.